Important Information For You To Know
JD Prestige Cars (‘the Company’) agrees to hire to the customer (‘the customer’) the vehicle(s) upon the following terms and conditions
1.1 The hire charge is payable in full 7 days before the booking. The Company will issue a receipt and detailed confirmation of the hire upon request; otherwise an email confirmation will be issued. The customer is responsible for checking the details contained in the confirmation and for bringing any errors to the immediate attention of the Company.
1.2 Subject to clause 2 below, the hire charge is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where the Company, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the hire.
1.3 A deposit must be paid agreeable with the company and customer, at the time of booking, unless it is within 7 days of the hire date, in this situation full payment will be required immediately and will be non- refundable subject to
2. In the event of a cancellation by the customer, cancellation charges shall be as follows: –
2.1 Cancellation after booking – DEPOSIT is strictly non-refundable as work will have been carried out from the moment you book with us to prepare for your hire and hold your date.
2.2 Cancellation 121 + days prior to hire – refundable less 33% of the value of the trip
2.3 Cancellation 8-120 days prior to hire – refundable less 66% of the value of the trip
2.4 Cancellation within 7 days of hire – non-refundable but the Company, at its absolute discretion, may permit all or part of such monies as shall have been paid to it by the customer in respect of the cancelled period of hire to be applied to a future hire from the company.
2.5 If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated as the pickup point, all monies paid will be non-refundable.
2.6 If the customer (hirer) has issues with the service or vehicle on the day, this should be bought to the companies or chauffeur’s attention immediately. Failure to do so immediately and acceptance of the hire and usage of the vehicle on the hire day, will mean you are happy to proceed with the hire service and car. All outstanding balance and monies will be payable, and no refunds will be made.
3. Force Majeure – The Company will use reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the hire and that it reaches its destination on time. The Company will not incur any liability or refunds of whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes or circumstances beyond its control and a service is late or cannot be provided at all. Instances of this include Road closures, Road Accidents, Police Incidents, Weather conditions, Administrative Errors, Vehicle Breakdowns, Government acts, Lockdowns, Terrorism, War, Disease… this list is not exhaustive.
4. Unless instructed otherwise by the customer, the driver will follow the route considered the most appropriate on the day of travel. Our chauffeurs will do their best to follow the best route and use the Sat-Nav the cars are equipped with, but rarely; things may go wrong and directions can be misinterpreted. JD Prestige Cars will not be held responsible or liable for any implications this may cause, and if there is a delay, we may give extra time at the end of the journey to compensate if needed. JD Prestige Cars only allows the carriage of reasonable luggage in its vehicles, that can fit easily into the boot of the vehicle, any excess luggage where boot space is full will not be carried.
5. The Company reserves the right (and delegates to its Chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry in any of its vehicles any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the Chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s). The Company will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse directed to its Chauffeurs or other staff and will pursue the authorities for prosecution if necessary.
6. JD Prestige Cars maintains a strict non-smoking policy and non-eating policy in all of its vehicles.
7. Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior and or exterior of a Vehicle on hire to them and will be billed accordingly for any repair or valeting required in order to reinstating the vehicle to its condition before hire. The chauffeur will show the hirer and confirm the vehicle interior/exterior, and its current state at the time of hire arrival if asked.
8. JD Prestige Cars will not allow the throwing of coins or other objects near its vehicles or driving its vehicles over objects of any sort, whatsoever. If any damage is caused to the vehicles the hirer will be fully liable and will forfeit the deposit and hire money and the vehicle hire will be cancelled immediately.
9. We may provide subcontracted vehicles occasionally. These vehicles will be of a similar specification to the one booked. We also reserve the right to change your vehicle or chauffeur at any time if necessary, again the vehicle will be of a similar specification to the one booked, we reserve the right to change the vehicle colour where required and we will always try to provide the requested number plate but due reasons outside of our control and due to point 3 above, we may not be able to provide the original requested number plated or colour of vehicle requested at the point of booking.
10. If there are any changes or variations including extra mileage to the journeys other than what was agreed at the time of booking, the client will be charged extras in accordance with the company pricing structure please ask for details. Normally we charge £100 per hour beyond the original duration agreed at the time of booking. Your booking may also be subject to additional waiting time, car park charges and congestion charging as discussed during your quotation or journey if applicable.
11. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions affect the Client’s’ statutory rights.
Corona Virus Addendum Terms & Conditions
Bookings Made Before July 1st 2020
With the current Corona virus pandemic, JD Prestige Cars are happy to change any current booked date around and move the deposit to the new booking date; of course, subject to car availability on the proposed new date. We reserve the right to give you an equivalent car if your current choice vehicle is already booked. We will not refund deposits paid already under any circumstances as work will have been carried out from the moment you book with us to prepare for your hire. Please note if your new date becomes a peak wedding date from the current date you have booked which might not be peak, we reserve the right to increase your/our prices accordingly. An example of where prices could go up – your current wedding is an April/May or weekday wedding and now you are proposing a new wedding date of July/August, weekend or a Bank Holiday wedding date. We will do our best to keep any increase to a minimum.
Bookings Made After July 1st 2020
Normal Terms and Conditions as above will apply and your deposit is strictly non-refundable. You are booking in the full knowledge that we are in a Global Pandemic and Govt policy can change at any stage regarding gatherings, events and socialising in any geographical area. We will move dates out of goodwill for you if you are affected by any new rules the Govt imposes, but could potentially charge more for new peak re-booking dates and changes to itineraries. JD Prestige Cars will not offer deposit refunds of any capacity, under any circumstances, as you book with full knowledge knowing there is a current global pandemic situation going on, and things can change at a moments notice which JD Prestige Cars will not take any liability over.
GDPR and Your Data
JD Prestige Cars uses your data to send you emails with quote and information on its services. By accepting to continue to browse the website and by entering your personal details, you give JD Prestige Cars permission to contact you via the phone, SMS or Email as necessary.
JD Prestige Cars keeps all data for as long as it is necessary if you have booked with us, then it is deleted. If no booking was originally made, we usually delete your data within 3 weeks.